Google celebrates the 83th Birthday of Friedensreich Hundertwasser.
Top 5 facts about Friedensreich Regentag Dunkelbunt Hundertwasser:
1. He was born on December 15, 1928 in Vienna. His real name is Friedrich Stowasser.
2. Friedensreich Hundertwasser was an Austrian artist, architect, environmental activist and an opponent of the European Union and nuclear energy.
3. His adopted surname is based on the translation of "sto" (the Slavic word for "one hundred") into German. The name Friedensreich has a double meaning as "Peaceland" or "Peacerich" (in the sense of "peaceful"). The other names he chose for himself, Regentag and Dunkelbunt, translate to "Rainy day" and "Darkly multicoloured". His name Friedensreich Hundertwasser means, "Peace-Kingdom Hundred-Water".
4. Hundertwasser propagated a type of architecture in harmony with nature.
5. He died on February 19, 2000 (aged 71).